Step By Step Guide To Easy Weight Loss
If you truly want to slim down and stay slim and healthy for a lifetime, you must do exactly what is needed to protect yourself from heart disease and diabetes, viz. lead a healthy lifestyle and be mentally happy and peaceful.
A healthy lifestyle includes healthy nutrition, proper exercises, and sufficient rest.
Mental peace and happiness requires some change in attitude and taking up certain practices like pranayam and meditation. A little counseling and an open, receptive mind can do wonders.
This is precisely the line of treatment we plan, counsel and inspires you to follow. It works wonders for people either at our Centre or at their home, anywhere in the world!
Believe me, nothing else works!
The foundation of the therapy:
Acquire basic knowledge about the mechanism of weight balance, nutrition, and exercise. Ample, easy to understand information is available on this website on these subjects.
Eat healthy, normal, everyday food sensibly, take up regular exercise even as simple as walking, rest sufficiently and be mentally peaceful and happy. These are the best steps to a lifetime of being slim and healthy!
Eat sound, nutritionally balanced food. Do not miss any meal. Have breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner, at least four meals a day. Always eat cereals (wheat, rice, bajra, corn, nachani, oat etc.) and pulses (dal or curry, sprouted pulses and legumes) together. Have ample amount of vegetables and moderate amounts of oil for cooking. Have plenty of fresh fruits, skimmed milk and its products. You can also have fish and poultry. The only healthy red meat is goat meat. Lamb meat, pork and beef are better avoided.
Avoid the following groups of wrong foods:
- High carbohydrates: Sugar, jaggery, honey, sago, refined flours and arrowroot.
- High fats: Coconut, groundnuts, sesame, hydrogenated oils, cream, ghee, butter, cheese, fast food, bakery products and fried foods.
- If you eat chapatis and rice in large quantities, reduce the amount a little till you start losing weight.
- Consult your doctor and choose the type of exercise that suits you best and workout regularly.
Exercise should be of three types.
- The warm up and cool down exercises should be yoga based stretching exercises.
- Cardiovascular exercises like walking, running, jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing, aerobics etc. burn plenty of calories and give you cardiovascular fitness. You can take different exercises on different days if you enjoy varying them.
- This is the most important component of exercise both for weight reduction and the health of your heart. It must take up a lion’s share of the time in your workout.
- Walking is a magical workout most people can take up easily, it is safe, requires no special training or equipment and poses few injury risk.
- Strength training exercises (working out with weights) in moderation will improve your metabolic rate, strength, and figure. Most gym instructors are usually not expert enough in these exercises. Most often they cause more damage than good.
Although overhyped, strength training does not play a great role in slimming you, as is amply proved by the failure of gyms to slim down people.
Rest sufficiently. Adequate sleep is important for sound health.
Be mentally happy and peaceful. Be determined to stay calm and patient. Blunt conflicts. Give up aggression. Learn to enjoy little joys of life. Appreciate that there is much to be happy about. Take up practices like pranayam and meditation.
This is the pathway to ideal weight management. If you follow this system, the weight will drop, there will be dramatic improvement in cardiovascular fitness, blood pressure, lipid profile and blood sugar levels. Keeping stress under control will benefit everyone including people with high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes. Pains including backache, joint pains, will vanish. Energy levels will improve. You will feel on top of the world.
Slimming healthily is not about restrictions on eating, it is all about making healthy choices of food and changing habits!
Golden Rule Of Slimming:
And when eating high calorie food is unavoidable, remember the Golden Rule Of Slimming:
Make sure you are as light after a meal as before it!
So, adopt a healthier lifestyle, be happy and peaceful and achieve superb slimming and comprehensive health for a lifetime.